You can make a quick, easy, low-carb crust out of “Fathead” dough. This recipe of deliciously cheesy crust includes only about 2 net carbs per slice! I now prefer this pizza over non-keto pizza!
The following recipe makes a small pizza for one hungry person or two snackers. So I double the recipe if it is the main dish for two people. You can make an even bigger batch at once and store some in the freezer for later, too.
This recipe is highly customizable! I like to top my pizza with spinach and pepperoni, but you can add anything you want and mix it up. You can also vary the crust thickness depending on your preferences.
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 Tbsp. cream cheese
¾ cup almond flour (or ½ cup coconut flour for a slightly sweeter crust)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning or dried oregano (optional)
⅓ cup low-carb marinara sauce
Toppings of your choosing
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, microwave cream cheese and two cups of mozzarella for about 45 seconds. Stir and microwave again until cheese is melting, about another 30 seconds.
3. Stir in flour, egg, and seasoning until well combined (you may need to use a larger mixing bowl). Knead the dough with oiled hands for 1-2 minutes.
4. Place dough on a large sheet of parchment paper, with another sheet on top. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to spread the dough out into a circle about ¼ inch thick.
5. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer dough and bottom piece onto a pizza pan or baking sheet. Poke dough with a fork to prevent bubbles if you wish.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until crust is golden. For a crispier, sturdier crust, carefully flip the crust over and bake another 3 minutes (optional).
7. Remove pan from oven and spread marinara sauce over the whole pizza, leaving as much crust around the edges as you want.
8. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella on top of pizza evenly. Arrange pepperoni or other toppings as desired.
9. Bake pizza another 5-8 minutes until cheese has melted and crust has reached desired crispness. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!